Orthopedic surgery is the branch of medicine that specializes in the conditions that involve and effect the musco-skeletal system of the human body. Orthopedic surgeons use both surgical and non-surgical means to treat musco-skeletal trauma, injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Some of the procedures that are most commonly performed are:
- Arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee and ankle
- Arthroscopic ligament reconstruction
- Arthroscopic rotator cuff repair
- Arthroscopic knee reconstruction
- Cartilage transplantation technique